Welcome to MEDICAR, a family run, private ambulance service which prides itself on offering a high quality, flexible, individual and friendly
service to patient and families.
Medicar will make sure that people can expect services to meet essential standards of quality and safety that respect their dignity and protect their rights.
When transporting patients, carers/relatives
Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and quality vehicles that are fit for purpose.
Medicar is versatile and adaptable to need and as such, provides its service to individuals, families, companies, private hospitals and NHS trusts. Each of these groups of service users has individual and specific criteria for the service. This service is, at all times, responsive to the needs of the customer.
The service that Medicar provides demands the highest levels of integrity from all staff. A friendly face and an understanding attitude puts patients, carers, escorts and colleagues at their ease, improving the patient experience, promoting excellent communication at all levels and fostering the best of working relationships with healthcare colleagues
Aims & objectives
Below are a list of Medicar’s key aims and objectives, it is a requirement of all staff to work towards
helping us not only achieve but excel in the below areas;
- To provide a safe and effective transport service for medically fit patients to transfer to their normal place of residence/home.
- To ensure a high standard of patient experience and a always offer a friendly face and an understanding attitude that puts patients, families and carers at their ease.
- To ensure that all journeys protect a persons dignity, privacy and vulnerability by ensuring their needs and wants are met by one to one support from a registered nurse.
- To maintain a professional customer focused approach.
- To ensure that staff are appropriately prepared and trained
to deliver the service
- To ensure that all patients who are conveyed receive optimum care during their journey based upon their clinical condition, safeguarding the interests of both patient and staff.
- To promote excellent communication at all levels and fostering the best of working relationships with all healthcare colleagues for the benefit of patients